Tao Chen MD, PhD
• American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
• Fellowship-trained in Interventional Pain Medicine
Education & Training:
• Shandong Medical University, 1984-1990, Jinan, China
• Department of Neurosurgery, 1990-1996, Neurosurgeon—Taian, Shandong, China
• Department of Anatomy and Neurology, 1996-2000, Post Graduate Research Study, PhD—Medical School, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
• Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 2001-2005, Post-doctor research Fellowship—Medical School, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
• Department of Surgery, 2005-2006, Surgery Internship—Elbert Einstein Medical School, NY
• Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2006-2009, Resident—Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
Sharon Noland, CRNP
Sharon Noland is a certified nurse practitioner with Gulf Coast Interventional Spine and Joint Specialists. She is a honors graduate of Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She has been a nurse practitioner for over 20 years and has spent the last five years specializing in pain management. She is a former adjunct faculty instructor at Georgia Southern University School of Nursing. She is a member of the American Society of Pain Management Nursing. She has a special interest in patient education and works to assist her patients in understanding their chronic condition and disease process. Her outside interests include reading and spending time with her family.
The level of service I have experienced under Dr. Chen and his staff has been excellent. They are kind, professional and thorough in my treatment. Examinations, diagnosis, and treatment have always been thorough. My plan of treatment is discussed with me on every visit, and steps are taken to insure I am treated not just for my pain, but also as an individual. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing the services provided.Johnnie F.